Our company has more than 20 years of experience in the area of founding and administrating companies in jurisdictions with favourable tax regimes or tax-exempt jurisdictions, which are traditionally referred to as “offshores”.
In spite of the fact that the term “offshore” has recently gained a negative connotation, such companies are widely and legally employed in numerous fields of activity.
The applicationof tax advantages of some jurisdictions has a long history and will exist as long as there are differences between tax rates and taxation rules.
What is an offshore?
Which jurisdiction to choose?
There is no universal algorithm. When choosing a jurisdiction, it is essential to take different factors into account, for example:
The period of company’s operating time Applicability of indirect taxes (VAT).
Possible benefits of using an offshore
– Reduction in the tax burden for the final beneficiary.
– In some cases it is possible to “hide” behind an offshore, without revealing the real owners to the public. It should be mentioned here that it is not possible to provide full confidentiality in the modern world. You can read more information about it in the Questions and answers section.
The risks that should be taken into consideration when establishing an offshore.
– A form, scheme and structure selected in incorrect way may not only not give the desired result but, on the contrary, lead you to tremendous tax conesequnces. may notgive the expected result, but, quite the opposite, may result in even higher tax burden.
– Many jurisdictions have already established or are establishing measures aimed at limiting the possibilities of using offshores.
– A negative consequence of excessive confidentiality related to owning an offshore company can be a problem for laying claims for assets on the part of inheritors.
– Taxation of inheritance .
– Possible claims from creditors to inheritors.
– In some jurisdictions, the registers of owners and directors are kept on paper, which may result in the risk of a business takeover by means of fraud with company documents.
Our qualified staff members, in cooperation with the best corporate service providers from all over the world, will help you to structure you business and to choose and register a company in the jurisdiction* that serves your purpose best of all.
*We cooperate with all of the jurisdictions that can serve the purposes of tax planning. The most “traditional” are:
Cyprus, Malta, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Hong Kong, the British Virgin Islands, Seychelles, the Marshall Islands, Panama, Belize, Nevis, Gibraltar, the Isle of Man, etc
Experts responsible for provision of this service: